- Remember the story of how Saul disobeyed Godís instruction to kill
all his enemies the Amalekites? God reveals:
- 1SA 15:23 Rebellion is as bad as the sin of
- More accurately, "Rebellion is witchcraft."
- But how can rebellion be witchcraft?
- What is rebellion, against God? Simply, disobedience against
- DAN 9:5 We have sinned and done wrong
and acted wickedly and rebelled, turning aside from thy commandments
and ordinances; [RSV]
- Therefore, rebellion is disobedience.
- And what is witchcraft?
- It is calling upon the demonic realm to help one control people
- Therefore, disobedience opens us up to the demonic influence in
- God is strongly against the practice of witchcraft.
- LEV 19:26 "I am Jehovah your God! You must
not Ö use fortune telling or witchcraft. [TLB]
- Disobedience = witchcraft!
- That is why, in occultic groups initiating new members, initiates are
required to deliberately commit acts that defy the laws of God, i.e., to
commit acts of deliberate disobedience:
- Take drugs
- Engage in illicit sex
- Witchcraft and its demonic influence is not in Godís plan for us.
- Under Godís plan, we have been rescued from the dark domain of Satan:
- COL 1:13 For He has rescued us from the dominion
of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, [NIV]
- We are under Godís protection for as long as we obey.
- JOH 15:10 When you obey me you are living
in my love, just as I obey my Father and live in his love. [TLB]
- When we are in obedience to God, the enemy cannot touch us.
- 1JO 5:18 We know that any one born of God
does not sin, but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil
one does not touch him. [RSV]
- In disobedience we open ourselves to demonic oppression and control.
We make ourselves slaves to Satan our lord!
- ROM 6:16 Don't you realize that you can choose
your own master? You can choose sin (with death) or else obedience (with
acquittal). The one to whom you offer yourself - he will take
you and be your master, and you will be his slave. [TLB]
- The rebellious become slaves to destruction!
- 2PE 2:19 "Do what you like; be free."
But these very teachers who offer this "freedom" from law are
themselves slaves to sin and destruction. For a man is a slave to whatever
controls him. [TLB]
- Let us review our situation. In what have we rebelled?
- A serious problem of this community are the sins of pride, anger, and
- They are pervasive, of long duration, persistent, and deep-rooted.
- If we do not turn away from these sins, we commit witchcraft, and invite
Satan to be our new lord! No wonder we have such serious problems.
- No wonder we feel a heaviness in our spirits.
- We have no right to be bringing our sacrifice of praise to the Lord,
when our brother has something against us.
- MAT 5:23 So if you are offering your gift at
the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
leave your gift there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your
brother, and then come and offer your gift. [RSV]
- It is painful to talk about these matters, but we must remove these
sins from our community.
- COL 3:16 Admonish one another in all wisdom,.
- We cannot continue saying we love God whom we cannot see, when we cannot
love our brother or sister whom we can see.
- Without forgiveness among its members, this community is in rebellion
- To those of us (and there are still a few) who still harbor any
kind of resentment against others, I urge you, dear brothers and sisters,
with all the love I can muster,
- Come before your God who loves you, confess your sin, and ask for forgiveness.
- Renounce the devilís bondage over you - Yes, right now you are under
- Go to your brother or sister whom you have not forgiven. Yes, go!
Say NOT ONLY "I forgive you," but also, "Please
forgive me for offending you"!
- Do this now before destruction overtakes you. The timing is
for you to decide, not for God.
- Welcome all brothers and sisters who wish to join the community.
- Then enjoy the peace of the Lord, that peace which has been sorely
missing from your life.
Jesus said, "Go therefore and make disciples
of all nations" [MAT 28:19 ]. Therefore, in your evangelization, please
feel free to copy this talk, and use it as your own, and distribute it.
God bless you as you spread the Good News!